The vast world of wall-to-wall carpeting can be confusing. With many pile types, styles, materials—and not to mention colors—to choose from, the hardest part of shopping for a new carpet is choosing just one. At Floor Coverings International Metro East, we work with Belleville families to pin down exactly what they need from their new carpet and find the best carpeting for their home. For most homeowners in the greater O'Fallon, Edwardsville, and Belleville area, that is cut pile carpet.
What is cut pile carpeting?
Most modern carpets are tufted. This means that they are created by injecting yarn into a backing material. This process results in what is called loop pile carpet because it consists of row after row of loops. When each loop is severed to form two open strands, you get cut pile.
Why cut pile carpet?
Cut pile is the most common type of carpet found in American homes because it sacrifices a small amount of durability in exchange to comfort. It feels soft and warm underfoot. And when properly maintained, it stands up to the day-to-day wear and tear of the average family.
Cut Pile Styles
Think about cut pile carpeting as a family of carpets, not just a style. Here are a few of the most common cut pile varieties:
- Plush: this cut pile carpet is soft, with a short, uniform height. It adds an elegant look and feel to any formal space.
- Textured: the most common type of carpeting found in Belleville homes, textured carpets are probably what you think of when you hear the word “carpet”. Their strands are higher than plush and are twisted to add strength and springiness.
- Frieze: pronounced “freeze”, this carpet option is in fact very warm and cozy. With long, shaggy fibers and strong twists, frieze has a characteristically tousled appearance that adds casual flair to your bedroom or den.
Reach out to your local flooring experts at Floor Coverings International Metro East for more information about cut pile carpeting. Call today to schedule a free, in-home consultation!
You May Also Enjoy:
- Area Rugs
- Berber Carpeting for Belleville and Beyond
- Carpet Tiles and Carpet Squares
- Frieze Carpeting in Belleville and Beyond
- Indoor-Outdoor Carpeting in Edwardsville
- Nylon Carpet in Edwardsville, IL
- Saxony Carpet in Belleville, IL
- Sisal Carpeting
- Stair Carpeting in Belleville
- Wool Carpeting in Edwardsville
- Your Belleville Carpet Flooring Store
Photo © Artazum