At Floor Coverings International Metro East, we work with O’Fallon homeowners to find and install their dream hardwood. Some families opt for a popular hardwood like oak or maple for their homes. For a distinguished and unique look, we suggest birch hardwood. To learn more about birch and see if it’s right for your home, read on.
Birch comes in two main varieties: yellow birch and red birch. Unlike red and white oak, the two birches come from the same tree. Yellow oak comes from the outer layers—or sapwood—of the tree. It is a creamy white color with yellow undertones. Red birch comes from the heartwood at the center of the tree. It is darker—a golden brown hue with red undertones. Both varieties of birch are gorgeous and simple. Birch has very fine graining, making it a great wood to complement minimalist and modern aesthetics. Some boards appear “flat” with no graining at all.
Advantages of Birch
There is a reason why birch is so popular with O’Fallon families. Here are some of its main benefits:
- Durable: birch is strong and study. With a Janka hardness score of 1,260, it provides a tremendous value. Keep up with the simple maintenance, such as sweeping and the occasional refinish, and your birch hardwood floors will surely last for generations.
- Sustainable: locally raised and harvested in the United States, birch is an environmentally conscious flooring choice.
- Versatile: birch is available in both strip and wide plank. It can be found in a range of colors, grain patterns, and textures. You’re sure to find the perfect birch for your home.
For more information about this gorgeous hardwood, contact your local flooring experts at Floor Coverings International Metro East. We believe that the best way to compare hardwood is from the comfort of your couch. Call today to schedule your free, in-home consultation!
You Might Also Enjoy:
- Cherry Hardwood Flooring for O’Fallon Homes
- Engineered Hardwood Flooring
- Exotic Hardwood Flooring in O’Fallon
- Hardwood Flooring Store in Metro East
- Hickory Hardwood Flooring in Belleville
- Maple Hardwood Flooring
- Plank Hardwood Flooring
- Prefinished Hardwood Flooring in Belleville
- Red Oak Hardwood Flooring in O’Fallon
- Solid Hardwood Flooring in Belleville
- Unfinished Hardwood Flooring in Belleville
- Walnut Hardwood Floors in Edwardsville
- White Oak Hardwood Flooring in Belleville
Photo © karamysh